Hi there everyone ,

J E T 1 9 7 6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Iv had type 1 Diabetes for 38 years ,so have seen a few changes in the way that exploration in to the condition
has made managing Ty1 a lot easier ! When I was diagnosed at the age of 4 ,it was drummed in to my head by my mother! so living a regime as to say ! But I wanted to be able to do what every one else was doing or go away with the school but was denied time after time .after a while I started to rebel against my diabetes & blamed it for everything ! I had a rocky time through my teens with many weeks spent in hospital because I didn’t look after myself due to my own demise , I got to my 18th & started to resort back to the regime but slowly but surely I was doing everything by the book like I was told to do ,I still am doing what mother told me all those years ago but as I suffer a bit of leg neuropathy I went to see the doctor who sent me to get my leg ultra-sound to be told due to calcification of the arteries,iv been seen by a vascular surgeon to be told they can’t do anything ? I was wondering if that’s true ! Or the other option is losing the leg!

But just goes to show if you don’t look after yourself and your Diabetes it can have detrimental affects on your life .
But since my Diagnosis of type one diabetes my sister & mother have also been diagnosed Ty1 but in it together

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there @J_E_T_1_9_8_0
welcome to the forum !!!

many wise words from your first post !!

I send all my love and hope for you , I want you to have good outcomes -- Good BG's can help -- so do try your best !!!!!!!

xxxx
himtoo
x

Reactions: therower

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @J_E_T_1_9_8_0 . Welcome to the forum. Such an honest post. Sorry that you are having issues with the leg.
Would be great if you could post your story in the parents and teens sub forum of the site.
People need to know that diabetes should not put barriers up and stop us from partaking in life.
I feel your experience and knowledge could prove hugely beneficial to so many.
Keep posting with us.
Diabetes needs embracing not fighting. ( my opinion ):)

J E T 1 9 7 6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You can only be honest about diabetes,these people who hide it from others should never be afraid to tell people around them & just to be on the safe side also tell people how to deal with a hypo ,and what to do about it ,a bit like employers ,they also need to be aware that it can play a big part in prolonging illness when off sick & then having to worry about what work is going to say about it !