Hi there

NoMemories

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone,

I'm not so good at sharing or expressing my feelings much, so you guys will have to bear with me as I explain myself.

Was in at doctors (broke my pinky then rebroke like 6 times so decided to see the doctor), and he wasn't my usual doctor - quite liked him, no bs kind of guy. Told me straight diabetes will be what kills me. I'm twenty six years old and struggling with bullying, depression and a complete inability to care about myself or my health. My hba1c ( I think ) is 73 or something and he said for my health is pretty appalling.

I've recently stopped taking my anti depressants and just felt like sharing

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum. Just wanted to give you a hug and a freindly wave.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @NoMemories and welcome to the forum. I seem to attract bullies, but recognise them now and can usually avoid them.
I have coped with depression for over 50 years on and off. I didn't like taking anti-depressant medication, and would stop taking it as soon as I started feeling better, but then it would return. So now I stay on the dp meds permanently, I couldn't take the 6-8 weeks mental pain it takes for them to take effect again.
I can't really say anything about T1 as I am T2 but there are plenty of T1s on here who can give you advice.
It does help to talk on here and share our problems and solutions.
The people on here are friendly and you will get a lot of support and advice. Ask anything you want to.

NoMemories

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, much appreciated.

Oh and i'm slowly losing all of my short term memory, hence the username. Apparently next thing is a brain scan, but my doctors surgery aren't in touch too much and I'm past the point of caring with my memory as its so bad now.

Currently being bullied myself, i had it at school too but unlike work a wee chair or two over the heid sorted most bullies out quick smart!

Sorry if i'm not making much sense, i just type as things pop into my head, so if its coherence you're after I am not exactly your man.

Again, thanks for the welcome. Ive been signed up for a while and too nervous to say anything

Reactions: Prem51 and Liam1955

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@NoMemories Well it's good that you are posting now. No need to be nervous, you can be anonymous as you want, and people on here are friendly.
Do you have an HR department or trade union at work who you could talk to about the bullying?

Reactions: Kentoldlady1

NoMemories

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@NoMemories Well it's good that you are posting now. No need to be nervous, you can be anonymous as you want, and people on here are friendly.
Do you have an HR department or trade union at work who you could talk to about the bullying?

The HR department are constanty brown nosed by the bullies and both bullies are in a position of power. I'm just stuck on minimum wage a decade into my job with constant putdowns and bullying almost every hour. Its damaged me to the point where I now have no friends and no confidence. So bad that I can't leave my current job (which makes my gf and family furious obv) and i'm terrified to, because I have received no training/qualifications.

My care of my diabetes is there(ish), 4 readings and my 4 shots a day, but i comfort eat now and have gained a lot of weight after quitting drinking/smoking.

I honestly don't care about my health (dryly laughed a bit internally when my doctor read that from my notes), to the point of looking forward to the hospital visit where they tell me im terminal with some daft ****.

Sorry to moan, i'm just fed up terrorising the ones i love with my ****.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello @NoMemories, I'm glad you found this Forum! It is most helpful particularly because you will find that you are not alone in your feelings or maybe even your experiences...I forget who, but someone has a good read on Diabetes Burnout which helped me a lot to get things back into perspective....I am not a T1, but even with T2 it can be an uphill climb..... One thing about this Forum, you can spout off on how you are feeling and get some free hugs or words of encouragement or maybe a challenge to consider looking at things in a different light. Hope you find what you are looking for and be thankful you have loved ones in your life.... Blessings/L

Reactions: Prem51