Hi to all

• Thread starter Deleted member 538891
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi everyone's

I had the covid vaccine last Wednesday afternoon my arm was really painfull having the actual injection
and have felt cold and shivery since but have had these symptoms way before covid injection so hopefully
Will be ok.
Second one in May has anyone had second one yet I've heard it's worse than the first one.
Hopefully when more people have been vaccinated might get back to some normal way of life.

Sparklebright62

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi welcome to the forum.

I had my jab last Wednesday & my arm felt like my brother had given me the birthday bumps backdated 35 years lol

Your symptoms are not unusual, it’s a sign that the vaccine is working but they do usually only last 48hrs.

I don’t know anyone that has had the second dose yet, they only just started those in my area, but it makes sense for the second one to be a bit worse. The first dose is to get your body to recognise the spike proteins of the virus & provoke an immune response. When the second dose is given your body knows by now what to do & provides a swift response. I’d imagine any side effects are felt stronger but resolve quicker.