Hi to all

• Thread starter Deleted member 538891
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all

I had a fall yesterday afternoon i went to stop my grandsons dinner falling to floor after he got up and lost my balance went dizzy and i ended up on the floor i hurt my wrist and my left hip and back and all my son did was pull me up and think it was very funny i was in agony.

My thumb is really sore and my wrist swollen up loadz yesterday.

I am not doing much today at all .

Sparklebright62

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear this, and hope you feel better soon.

it might be a good idea to get that wrist checked out, in case you have a fracture.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sorry to hear about your fall. As well as having your injuries looked at you should discuss the fact that you were dizzy with your doctor.

I hope you feel better soon.

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to you all,

I am waiting to be seen in a&e still very painfull sore red and swollen.
Will let you know later on.

Sparklebright62.

Reactions: Brunneria
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all

I have 2 broken bones in my left wrist back to hosp for full pot when they phone me up in the morning i have temporary one for now and have painkillers and my blood sugar has shot up today 2.

What can i use to help it go down quick.

Sparklebright62.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

i am very sorry to hear about your wrist.
Hopefully once it is properly set it will be less painful.

keep an eye on your carb intake and your blood glucose should go back to its usual levels once the pain and stress goes away.

have a hug.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bless you, I'm so sorry you've broken your wrist. Sending hugs and hope the painkillers help ease the pain. Take care.

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

Thankyou for your posts where can i buy a cast cover for shower as i will need one.

Sparklebright62.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all,

Thankyou for your posts where can i buy a cast cover for shower as i will need one.

Sparklebright62.

Hi. When I needed something to keep a covering on my ankle dry, the doctor suggested I buy a cover from these people:

https://www.seal-tight.co.uk

Some of their products are sold on Amazon too, so it might be worth comparing prices. I found it worked well.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When my father needed a cast cover, we taped a plastic shopping bag over his arm up to the elbow. :D

shopping bags are harder to come by nowadays, but a bin liner of the right size would do just as well, and you can even get biodegradable ones now. :)

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

Thankyou for the info i will look tommorow
Back to hosp on wednesday for new cast and to see consultant so will let you know.

Sparklebright62.