Type 2 High ambient temperature and low blood sugars?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Evening folks, rather obvious question and answer, the last week or so I have been having trouble with low blood sugar levels, the only change is the ambient temperature level being higher and in all probability the humidity level.
Anybody else noticed this?

Background info
On insulin and a host of other drugs see my profile.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Evening folks, rather obvious question and answer, the last week or so I have been having trouble with low blood sugar levels, the only change is the ambient temperature level being higher and in all probability the humidity level.
Anybody else noticed this?

Background info
On insulin and a host of other drugs see my profile.

I think it's generally accepted that higher temperatures increase the rate of insulin absorption. I struggle through the winter months to keep my glucose levels in range, but with warmer ambient temperatures I find it much easier to stay in range.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I think it's generally accepted that higher temperatures increase the rate of insulin absorption. I struggle through the winter months to keep my glucose levels in range, but with warmer ambient temperatures I find it much easier to stay in range.

So what I think you are saying is the higher the ambient temperature compared to normal the greater is the effectiveness of the insulin, for me that would explain things. Many thanks for your prompt response.