High bg’s

Chloelox

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My glucose has been high for the past couple of days, going low at night though.. I haven’t changed my doses and am monitoring ketones closely until I can get in contact with my doctor.

I am currently on my cycle though, plus the heat is unbearable at the moment.. Any advice on how I can help bring my levels down. I’ve been sat at 14 for about 4 hours now

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My glucose has been high for the past couple of days, going low at night though.. I haven’t changed my doses and am monitoring ketones closely until I can get in contact with my doctor.
Have you had instructions on how to use your fast acting insulin for corrections when you go too high?

Chloelox

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you had instructions on how to use your fast acting insulin for corrections when you go too high?
Not really I need half a unit for corrections and don’t currently have the script for it so unable to get it. 1 unit drops me low

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not really I need half a unit for corrections and don’t currently have the script for it so unable to get it. 1 unit drops me low
Dou you only use long acting at the moment? How high are the numbers you're seeing?
When in doubt, please call 111 for advice.

Chloelox

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nope 4 units long acting 1 unit quick acting for meals. Last time I called 111 they told me to inject 2 units and it almost killed me
Dou you only use long acting at the moment? How high are the numbers you're seeing?
When in doubt, please call 111 for advice.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Nope 4 units long acting 1 unit quick acting for meals. Last time I called 111 they told me to inject 2 units and it almost killed me
I don't get it. What do you mean you don't have a script for it if you use it at meals?

Chloelox

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't get it. What do you mean you don't have a script for it if you use it at meals?
I have a novarapid pen that doesn’t do half units only full units, I need a half unit for correction, lowest my pen goes is one unit