High Bg, Heat Degraded Insulin Problem Solved I Hope

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
Back on 21st July I posted about a problem I thought I had with my insulin being degraded by the high temperatures we have been having.

I think and hope that i have found out why this was happening.

On 2 occasions this last week. My BG climbed up to 26 for no obvious reason. This was bugging me big style as i couldn't blame it on the heat as although it was quite warm i fancy it not hot enough to degrade it also thinking of what was said on my post back then insulin pumps are used in very hot countries as well as here.

Like i said it was bugging me and i did have a look around on here remembering someone mentioning scar tissue, this got me thinking.......it happens somtimes lol.

I've very recently come of mdi and i was giving myself a lot of injections each day and to be honest my injection site rotation back then was poor albeit an improvent.

I used to have the hard fatty lumps under my skin which have now gone due to slightly better rotation but I'm thinking it is possible that fixing the infusion sets where i used to inject might be the problem. There just might be sufficient wear and tear there to cause poor absorbtion from the infusion set.

So these areas I'm going to give a break for 3 to 4 months and......you may laugh I got the girlie cream out and made space by removing more hair.........it's going to be drafty this winter!

So hopefully all is solved. Need to bulk buy girlie cream now lol.
I was actually advised not to shave it by my nurse and use hair remover instead.

Regards

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people