HIGH blood sugar and getting a pump hopefully

Tia 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I was dignosed when I was 19. Haven’t even had it a year yet and feel like it’s hit me hard I’ve got cataracts and nurophathy never damage in my are legs hands and feel, always got high blood sugars and was wondering how I go about sorting it out or even possible getting a pump???

Thanks in advance guys xx

Last edited:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi Tia, welcome to the forum! What sort of insulin regime are you on, and do you check your sugars regularly? It does hit us hard when we get diagnosed, and can take a long time to come to terms with. I was diagnosed when I wasn’t much older than you. You’ll find a lot of support and advice here, a lot of us are in the same boat xxx

Eireannn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes, yuck
Hi :)

I was diagnosed when I was 15 and now I'm 17. How long was it since your diagnosis?

As soon as I was diagnosed, I instantly got the support and help from my hospital. I had my nurse come over to my house, had regular meetings and a few weeks later, my blood sugar levels were excellent and were in control (probably because I was still honey-mooning). Have you been offered any extra support or had frequent visits with your consultants?

I really hope you sort your high blood sugar levels out ASAP and are in good control soon x

Reactions: Juicyj