Type 1 High Blood Sugar

Kailz96

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I recently got the Freestyle Libre and it's fantastic! As well as this I am finger pricking due to currently experiencing high blood sugars. Reading my Libre data they are well controlled over night but currently sitting at 15-19 during the day. My gran was recently in hospital and passed away so I'm putting the erratic bloods down to stress. I have checked and have no ketones which good, however they were at 2.7 last night (1.0 today).

Does anyone have any tips on what to do for my blood sugars? I've done correction doses and it is helping but they keep going back up a short while after.

Thanks.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I recently got the Freestyle Libre and it's fantastic! As well as this I am finger pricking due to currently experiencing high blood sugars. Reading my Libre data they are well controlled over night but currently sitting at 15-19 during the day. My gran was recently in hospital and passed away so I'm putting the erratic bloods down to stress. I have checked and have no ketones which good, however they were at 2.7 last night (1.0 today).

Does anyone have any tips on what to do for my blood sugars? I've done correction doses and it is helping but they keep going back up a short while after.

Thanks.
Maybe try opening a new insulin pen /vial may off gone off or be faulty also check basal insulin hope you get sorted x