High blood sugars Type1

Bethgabs

Hi has anyone ever gone ro bed and forgottwn to do night time insulin! I fell asleep without doing my levimer last night and woke up 5 am in a panic doing and then correcting my high did novo rapids then still at 7 am they were still high! Im worried im going to have a bad day as im normally very very gd and tightly controlled!
Any advice welcome just wanted to rant at myself as i never do this!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi has anyone ever gone ro bed and forgottwn to do night time insulin! I fell asleep without doing my levimer last night and woke up 5 am in a panic doing and then correcting my high did novo rapids then still at 7 am they were still high! Im worried im going to have a bad day as im normally very very gd and tightly controlled!
Any advice welcome just wanted to rant at myself as i never do this!
I have done it a couple of times. Normally I see an increase from around 5 to around 13-15 if I forget. Once you have some basal back in you, I find the novorapid brings things back into line very quickly, however without any basal, I've found I need roughly twice as much NovoRapid to bring me back in line.

zjed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lazy Doctors and Endos
Missed my lunch bolus a couple of days ago. Didn't realise until postprandial test. Just used standard correction formula to get back. It's nice to have pens with memories so you can confirm the missed shot.