Type 1.5 High blood sugars

Murphy 67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I’m trying to reduce my hb1ac and find my blood sugars can rise with having had nothing to eat in between meals. Any ideas

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Are you on insulin? I'm type 1, and have always been told that if my fasting blood glucose values rise that is because my long acting basal (levemir in my case) insulin isn't high enough. For example, this happened a few times when my values rose between me waking at 7am and having breakfast at 9am. I increased my long acting insulin the eve before (in increments) until I didnt see this happening any more. Worth asking your DSN perhaps?
Hope that helps!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, your profile is showing T2.

Our levels fluctuate throughout the day, sometimes they drop or rise for no apparent reason. Stress or harbouring a bug can also raise them.

What range of numbers are you looking at?

Murphy 67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry I must not of changed it. Initially I was diagnosed as a type 2 about 7 yrs ago. Then consultant advised gp to test me for type 1 and drop the bombshell I’d been apparently type 1 for over 10 yrs she reckoned. I’ve been reducing my long acting as I’ve been having hypos every day. I’ve gone from 8.8 this morning pre-breakfast to 16. I feel so despondent as my operation got cancelled at Xmas due to my levels. I do have an awful lot of stress too which Ino doesn’t help

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is your diet like. I won't comment on insulin, although I do use it, not for food, but for beating steroids into submission.

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry I must not of changed it. Initially I was diagnosed as a type 2 about 7 yrs ago. Then consultant advised gp to test me for type 1 and drop the bombshell I’d been apparently type 1 for over 10 yrs she reckoned. I’ve been reducing my long acting as I’ve been having hypos every day. I’ve gone from 8.8 this morning pre-breakfast to 16. I feel so despondent as my operation got cancelled at Xmas due to my levels. I do have an awful lot of stress too which Ino doesn’t help
Hi
Dont feel.down, as someone else said it might mean you have to adjust basal insulin levels.
The same happened to me. I discussed with doc and nurse and we increased by basal until my levels dont increase generally without food
Just contact nurse or doctor and I'm sure theyll guide you
Good luck

Reactions: UK T1

Murphy 67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m seeing diabetic nurse regularly my diet is really good tbf. I can’t any healthier. It’s so frustrating.