High Blood Sugars

Addypants

Hi all I’m new to this site, I’m after some advice please. Since I have been in lockdown my blood sugars seem to have gradually crept up and up, they are now averaging between 10mmol and 20mmol, this in turn means I have to compensate with more nova rapid, currently 1.5 unit per 10gm of carbs. I’ve got an appointment with docs next week as can’t get hold of diabetic clinic.

Any help or advice would be greatly received I’m checking my ketones as well they are 0.2, and still getting stomach ache on a night. Thankyou in advance.

Mummybear3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t have advice as such. But I feel your pain. I’m in the same boat. It’s absolutely awful isn’t it. Doctors told me to keep hydrated and check levels every hour. If they rise above 20 and stayed there or crept higher to go to hospital. I’ve just started checking for ketones too now. I’m relatively new to this, I hope your okay and you get well very soon. Hugs

Reactions: Addypants

Mummybear3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Failing that ring 111 and ask their advice. I’ve been advised by several ppl on jere to do that.

Addypants

I don’t have advice as such. But I feel your pain. I’m in the same boat. It’s absolutely awful isn’t it. Doctors told me to keep hydrated and check levels every hour. If they rise above 20 and stayed there or crept higher to go to hospital. I’ve just started checking for ketones too now. I’m relatively new to this, I hope your okay and you get well very soon. Hugs

Thankyou I’ve been T1D since a young age and always struggled with my sugars, it’s just lately they’ve started spiralling.

Mummybear3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My heart goes out to you. Honestly it does. It’s pretty **** isn’t it eh? Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful