High Blood Sugars

woodgnome

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have had high Blood Sugars for the last 3+ months. Metformin will not bring it down. It does not appear to be causing me any other problems, however am a little concerned. All suggestions welcome

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had high Blood Sugars for the last 3+ months. Metformin will not bring it down. It does not appear to be causing me any other problems, however am a little concerned. All suggestions welcome
Hi @woodgnome , are you following any kind of diet to help your diabetes? Would you be interested in making some dietary changes?

If you use a meter, it can be very helpful to test before meals and two hours later to see how your body dealt with that meal.

woodgnome

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have tried most things. Low carb diet & other ways of trying to reduce Blood sugar readings. What surprises me most is that there has been no bodily reactions to these readings. have been a diabetic since I was 69yrs old but then I was very active exercise wise & it was controlled by diet & exercise but know at 77 not so active & even walks take twice as long.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

Guilty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @woodgnome has your Dr told you what level you should be aiming for?

I'd suggest doing what you can to keep under your target. Diet, medication etc.

You may not get any symptoms of chronic high blood glucose until the damage is done. But please don't ignore it - I went undiagnosed for years and ended up with all sorts of issues because of it.

Reactions: aylalake

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, did low carb eating help improve your numbers? I have zero effects from blood sugars up to 30, the effects of high bg can be slow but very unpleasant it seems, lots of people “didn’t see that coming”

Reactions: Antje77