High bloods!

Carterbpool

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just looking for advice not been looking after myself past week or so and my bloods are around 25-26 I feel awful no energy dry mouth etc...I’m on Novomix 30...I just want to sleep bloods haven’t been this high since my diagnosis 2 years ago...any advice? I’m at work tomorrow but struggling to get any energy to move if that makes sense?? How can I get my bloods down so I feel better?

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When you say you haven't been looking after yourself, what do you mean? Have you been taking insulin but eating more than usual or missing out injections?

If you've just been eating more than usual, get back to better eating habits. If you want to eat more than usual, it would be much easier if you were on MDI. You could ask your DSN about this.

Carterbpool

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When you say you haven't been looking after yourself, what do you mean? Have you been taking insulin but eating more than usual or missing out injections?

If you've just been eating more than usual, get back to better eating habits. If you want to eat more than usual, it would be much easier if you were on MDI. You could ask your DSN about this.

I have been missing injections for about a week but eating normally...just had a bad week which I know is stupid last blood sugar reading I just done was for 27.1

Feel really rubbish!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tested for ketones? Make sure you drink plenty of water, as with test results that high, I would expect them.

You know you've been silly, so get back on track. I haven't a clue how you correct BGs that high with mixed insulin (I mixed my own many years ago). Maybe someone else could advise you on that.