High BS in grief

jan123

Hi all

This week I lost a very dear friend of mine, complete shock and unexpected. Since her death and no matter what I do my BS have gone high, I take Nova mix 3 and have increased my morning dose to 14 units but am still 12.9 before lunch after breakfast of porridge made with soya milk, now I have had this porridge since the start, always made the same way and I cannot understand the increase, should I increase my units?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
The Grief is stressing your system. Your Bgs will probably come back to where they were as you start to come to terms with your loss. It probably wouldn't hurt to increase your insulin, but discuss it with your care team first.

sandymaynard

Hi Jan
When my mum passed away my blood sugars went through the roof! I was so stressed out by it all!
It is a normal part of grief but it will put your blood sugar's up as it is your body's way of coping!
I am so sorry for your loss!
Sandy

moggy

hi jan every time you get stressed out it will make you bs high plus when your are ill, it will stablise later on have been there i have the medal. sorry about the lose of your friend it is not easy i know. take care thinking off you at this sad time. :(