Type 1 High bs TYPE 1

Shaners

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My blood sugars read at high all evening after forgetting to take novo rapid before meals but I then taken 7 units to bring it back down but it hasn't gone down just reading as (HI) on the reader... do I take more insulin? Only been 40 mins since I last injected...

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try measure again, wash ur hands before ! How much insulin u normally take for ur dinner bolus and how many carbs u eat for that amount ? Dont bolus urself again, wait a bit and see if it gone down a bit.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It will take some time for the correction you've just taken to start working. If I was you I'd set an alarm for the correction dose to finish it's work, retest and then decide what to do next. At 40 minutes I'd think Novorapid would be just starting to get to work so taking another dose could well lead to stacking.

Are you sure you took the right correction for you? I've seen it mentioned a few times on the forum it can take extra insulin to correct a very high reading.

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The thing is... even if I forget to bolus before meal my BG wont sky rocket like that... so im wondering what u had ... ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My blood sugars read at high all evening after forgetting to take novo rapid before meals but I then taken 7 units to bring it back down but it hasn't gone down just reading as (HI) on the reader... do I take more insulin? Only been 40 mins since I last injected...

Hi Shaners,

Wow, "meals" plural?

It may be a couple hours before you see something happening? "HI" on a meter is anything over 33Mmol?