High count in the morning and asthma. T2.

Lea_S

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed T2 almost 18 months ago. I also have asthma and a serious chest infection was how I was found to have T2. My doctor has not prescribed any medication. I check my bg 3-4 times a week and found that my count is highest first thing in the morning! Any tips? I am on a lot of other medicines.

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi Lea_S. I also have Asthma. I always check my blood sugar first before using my Inhalers, because I have found that checking b.s. after using them it gives me a much higher reading. Regards, William.

Lea_S

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Lea_S. I also have Asthma. I always check my blood sugar first before using my Inhalers, because I have found that checking b.s. after using them it gives me a much higher reading. Regards, William.
I always check b4 my inhalers and my other medicines. Thanx for the tip though :D

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A lot of members have issues with theirorning readings, myself included. It is called Dawn Phenomenom and basically your liver dumps glucose into your system to get you started for the day. Do you test as soon as you wake up in the morning or do you do other things first.