High fat affecting fasting?

Doireallyneedanams

I’m in my second pregnancy with gestational diabetes, and I’ve never had a fasting above 4.7.

I’ve also never eaten almost an entire 200g tub of clotted cream before bed, straight after spaghetti bolognese (5.8 at one hour and 5.4 at 2 hour.) Google tells me this is approx 100g of fat and 60g of sat fat in one hit. With a few strawberries.

I’ve woken up to my highest fasting ever of 5.1.

I’m going to take a wild guess and assume this is because of the extremely high fat content, which essentially blocked my dinner from from ever fully absorbing and reducing glucose, is that right?

Failing that, it means my hormones hahe finally decided to wreak havoc and I might find myself on meds soon. Hoping that without an obscene amount of fat tonight, I may be back to normal fasting of 4.6 tomorrow.

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Due to allowed accuracy tolerances of all meters, all of your readings fall within the tolerance, and are essentially the same. And with your readings after spag bol. i'd question if you have gestational diabetes.
My wife was told she had gestational diabetes with our 3rd, we tested it with a silly meal, and no change. I'm convinced they thought they could influence the size of the baby.
1st was 9 lb 13 1/2 oz. Second 9 lb 14 1/2oz, and 3rd with restricted diet estimated to be 8 lb, was 10 lb 2 oz.

Reactions: filly

Doireallyneedanams

Due to allowed accuracy tolerances of all meters, all of your readings fall within the tolerance, and are essentially the same. And with your readings after spag bol. i'd question if you have gestational diabetes.
My wife was told she had gestational diabetes with our 3rd, we tested it with a silly meal, and no change. I'm convinced they thought they could influence the size of the baby.
1st was 9 lb 13 1/2 oz. Second 9 lb 14 1/2oz, and 3rd with restricted diet estimated to be 8 lb, was 10 lb 2 oz.

Thanks for the reply.

I questioned it in my first pregnancy as I was diagnosed due to a reading of 8.2 after a huge carby burger, Mac n cheese take away

However this time I was able to have a GTT. My first one at 16 weeks was fine, fasting 4.1 and post drink 4.4.

But, my second one at 26 weeks fasting was fine at 4.4 but I failed the two hour at 8.2. I was acutely unwell at the time with some form of bronchitis, but the diabetic nurse said this wouldn’t have solely affected my post glucose result and would have been reflected in my fasting too, therefore if wasn’t a false positive GD.

It was only a small portion of bolognese, mind you. Smothered in cheese!