High HbA1c Reading

Gladys12216

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People with attitude and Liars
My HbA1c level read IFCC standardised - 60mmol/mol .
This was a bit worrying for me because 6mths prior it read 48.
It's worrying.
Please advice

rilakkuma02

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi, sorry to hear that. May I ask if you GP said anything to you yet or you are waiting for their call back? If you waiting for their call, in between it is quite stressful.

Mine was 65 few months ago and was told need metformin for 3 months and review not long ago. My recent HbA1c is 37. I changed to low carbs, not much refine sugar, intermittent fasting and exercise. Losing 10% of my weight so far helping the BG, fat liver problem. Now I asked my GP to be off med and continue with healthy diets. So far so good.

Hope you find some ways to manage it but firstly talk to your GP and find answers and solutions suit you the best. Do not get too stressed. Good luck.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's worrying.
Please advice
What kind of stuff are you eating?
Sounds like you might need to change what you eat if you want to achieve dietary control of your blood sugars.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It's worrying.
Please advice
It is quite high but knowing it is rising means you have the opportunity to move it back down. What has your doctor advised?

As others have said, low carb may be an option to address, some of us have reduced our levels from higher levels that you have by lowering our carbs

Good luck