Type 2 High Heart rate

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have lost 4 stone is 8 months. BP down to normal - a big reduction. Sugars average 5.5 down from 7.1. Only worry is a high pulse rate - is this normal with all the changes? A normally anxious person anyway. Feel much better too!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have lost 4 stone is 8 months. BP down to normal - a big reduction. Sugars average 5.5 down from 7.1. Only worry is a high pulse rate - is this normal with all the changes? A normally anxious person anyway. Feel much better too!

Well done on your progress Barrowbakers.

What are you actually counting your pulse at?

If you are an anxious person by nature and self counting your heartbeat, or using your blood pressure monitor, your anxiety could well be elevating it a bit. If you're using something like a fit bit to count, as you go about your business, that could have some variability in it too, bearing in mind it'll be counting whilst you're running up and down the staris or lifting heavy things, for example, as well as whilst you're sitting quietly.

If you have concerns, then best to talk to your Doc or nurse about it.

Reactions: Gannet

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I take my bp with a monitor that reads pulse at 130+. I have a finger app that reads it normal at 70 to 80 and my wife read it at 68. Could the monitor be faulty or ??? I have no symptoms of tachycardia

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I take my bp with a monitor that reads pulse at 130+. I have a finger app that reads it normal at 70 to 80 and my wife read it at 68. Could the monitor be faulty or ??? I have no symptoms of tachycardia

What was your PR when you were last tested by a doctor?
When was your BP monitor last calibrated?

Have you tried the counting method? Take your own pulse on your wrist and count how many beats in 30 seconds using a stop watch or watch of some sort, then multiply by 2. Doing it this way is normally accurate, and can also tell you if you are having any "missed" beats. (Not actually "missed" but that's how it can feel) Try it now and see what happens.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
When mine was that fast I had palpatations and chest pains.

Its looking like mine was from Iron deficiency anaemia and a stomach infection which has left me with intestine spasms. Oh and my levothyroxine was too strong.

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes had my wife take it and it was 65. My finger app says approx 70 so maybe pulse counter on bp monitor is faulty. At docs last it was elevated to about 95 - white coat syndrome - hence I take my own bp for them. Time for a new machine I think - reasonably
inexpensive. At least my sugars and weight are good. Even I was surprised 17 1/2 stone down to 13 1/2 in 8 months! Just low carbing - not really difficult

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes had my wife take it and it was 65. My finger app says approx 70 so maybe pulse counter on bp monitor is faulty. At docs last it was elevated to about 95 - white coat syndrome - hence I take my own bp for them. Time for a new machine I think - reasonably
inexpensive. At least my sugars and weight are good. Even I was surprised 17 1/2 stone down to 13 1/2 in 8 months! Just low carbing - not really difficult

My surgery has a BP machine in the waiting room, where you put your armin a sort of tube, the linig of which then inflates and does the BP. If yours has something similar, you could drop in, taking your own machine with you and do your BP on the surgery machine, then your own, or vice versa.

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My surgery has a BP machine in the waiting room, where you put your armin a sort of tube, the linig of which then inflates and does the BP. If yours has something similar, you could drop in, taking your own machine with you and do your BP on the surgery machine, then your own, or vice versa.

Good idea!