High in Mornings but very low late evening

sickofit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reading the comments listed here some of you seem unaware of the action of Metformin and Gliclazide.Metformin only works if your BS is above a certain level. Gliclazide will reduce BS no matter how much sugar is in the blood. Taking 2 Gliclazide in one dose could reduce BS by as much as 10%. Therefore you could 1. have a hypo 2. drop your BS to what seems a 'good' level but the action from your food will allow it to rise from this low level once achieved. to understand BS readings therefore needs to take this into account . 6 months ago I was on 4 Gliclazide, 4 Metformin and 1 Sitaglyptin a day. Using Dietary control and finger prick readings I was able to prevent Hypos, lose 4 stone in 4 months ( a secondary effect of sugar intake reduction) and no longer need any Gliclazide or Sitaglyptin I only take one Metformin every few days if I have been unable to resist eating rounds of sourdough bread with 'low' sugar jam on it. Recent tests show E.C.G. on my heart - perfect, lungs - perfect, cholesterol levels - perfect, blood pressure - perfect, hgba1c test dropped from 11.1 to 6.1 (I am expecting much lower results at next test) This can be done by anyone BUT I MUST STRESS THAT YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE ACTION OF GLICLAZIDE ON ANYONE UNDERTAKING A LOW SUGAR DIET. IF YOU REDUCE YOUR SUGAR INTAKE YOU MUST REDUCE YOUR GLICLAZIDE TO PREVENT HYPOs !
I used the G.L. glycaemic level of foods to keep my sugar low and reduced my GLICLAZIDE tablets until I no longer needed them, then began to reduce my Metformin. I MUST ALSO STRESS THAT AS MY B.S. BEGAN TO STABILISE THE SIDE EFFECTS FROM OTHER TABLETS BECAME MORE PROMINENT, SO LIAISE WITH YOUR DOCTOR FREQUENTLY - ALSO BE AWARE THAT MY OWN DOCTOR FAILED TO RECOGNISE THE EFFECTS OF A LOW SUGAR DIET. IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE SWALLOWING IT IS CAUSED BY SITAGLYPTIN.
THIS CAN BE VERY SERIOUS AS IT CAN RESULT IN YOU BEING UNABLE TO GET AIR INTO YOUR LUNGS UNTIL THE FOOD OR WATER CAN REACH YOUR STOMACH. In short if you are serious about a low sugar diet YOU MUST REDUCE YOUR SUGAR REDUCTION TABLETS - TAKE FINGER PRICK TESTS BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR MEALS AND IF NECESSARY REDUCE THE QUANTITIES UNTIL THE G.L. GIVES YOU READINGS THAT YOU FIND SATISFACTORY (G.L. 10 = LOW. G.L. 11-19 = MED. ABOVE = HIGH) GOOGLE GLSHREDDED WHEAT WILL GIVE YOU GL OF 22(high) ETC. YOU WILL FIND THAT 30g (two heaped tablespoons) SCOTS PORRIDGE OATS gives a G.L. of 8 o.k. to have as breakfast. Once you do this to all of your food you can reduce your finger prick testing to very occasionally. KEEP A GRAPH OF ALL OF YOUR READINGS YOU MAY BE STUNNED BY THE SWING BETWEEN READINGS BEFORE AND AFTER EATING AND TAKING GLICLAZIDE YOU WILL COME TO REALISE HOW DOCTORS USE IT UNSCIENTIFICALLY TO SMASH DOWN YOUR B.S. WHILST YOU MAY BE BLINDLY RAISING IT WITH THE FOOD YOU EAT. GOOD LUCK ---- TAKE CARE WITH ANYTHING I HAVE WRITTEN --- MONITOR EVERYTHING ------