High levels

Kevvb1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just reading stuff people being told to go 111 or something if levels high..... my levels are never below 15 like ever but I feel alright!! My body aches past like 23ishh and when my meter says HI my eyes go a bit bookie but not really getting anything else.... aside tmfrom thirst etc... had ketone 2.1 the other week and ye had like a stomach ache but went down on it's own.... what will happen if they stay high? I mean like how long till something happens to me

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey bud, ketones make your blood acidic and can cause heart failure, length of time for that varies but it means insulin is needed to a)break down the ketones and b) lower bg to stop them forming.

Have you heard of DKA? that's where you get hospitalized because of them. its how most people are diagnosed

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would think after sometime you would have all the usual dangerous complications of high glucose levels such as your eyesight going or even losing a foot. I'm no expert but I think even if you keep the DKA from happening you are still at a high risk of all the other stuff. I'm sure there are some type 1's on here who will know more about this