HIGH PLATELETS??

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On my last Blood Test a few days ago, my Platelet Count was 409 (should be under 400). Looking back through my previous Blood Tests my platelets have raised and fallen a few times.= - see below. Is this Diabetes Related? Should I be worried?

MAY 2018 - 409
OCT 2017 - 420
JULY 2017 - 397
FEB 2017 - 437
NOV 2016 - 357

EVERY OTHER ONE BEFORE UNDER 400

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe it can be diabetes related. If you Google "high platelets diabetes" you will get a lot of websites about it.

Reactions: MKD75

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
409 is close enough to 400, I wouldn't worry. Temporary raised levels can occur after exercise or alcohol consumption. There are other causes, see here:- https://labtestsonline.org/tests/platelet-count

Ahhh!!! Alcohol consumption! I have had 2 weekends where I have drank (gin and diet lemonade!) that’s possibly it. Thank you .. thank you.. been googling and reading all sorts of horrors!!!

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahhh!!! Alcohol consumption! I have had 2 weekends where I have drank (gin and diet lemonade!) that’s possibly it. Thank you .. thank you.. been googling and reading all sorts of horrors!!!

Plus I badly bruised my ankle to the point I haven’t been able to walk for a few days so maybe that’s another factor?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
On my last Blood Test a few days ago, my Platelet Count was 409 (should be under 400). Looking back through my previous Blood Tests my platelets have raised and fallen a few times.= - see below. Is this Diabetes Related? Should I be worried?

MAY 2018 - 409
OCT 2017 - 420
JULY 2017 - 397
FEB 2017 - 437
NOV 2016 - 357

EVERY OTHER ONE BEFORE UNDER 400
What meds are you on and any other health conditions?

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What meds are you on and any other health conditions?

No meds, never have, diet alone and no other health conditions I’m aware of, other than early menopause?