1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

High reading pre op

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by ray76, Apr 16, 2019.

1. ray76

ray76 · Newbie

I went to have a cataract removal op yesterday but it couldn't be done because my blood level was 22 and the limit is 15.It did come down a bit during the afternoon but not enough,
    I put it down to the stress of the day,but how can I stop it happening when I go again.
    This morning my reading was 5.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• Hug Hug x 3
  2. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Could you ask for something to take before the next appointment that’d reduce the stress? You would, of course, need to inform the cataract team so that you don’t end up with a double load of sedatives. Only a thought, and it may not be the whole answer - could it have been what you ate the day before? Did you check your overnight bs?

3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

You have posted this in the Type 1 forum. Are you T1 and if so, on insulin?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook