High sg urine level

RedCatherine

Hi,
I'm looking for some advice please. I don't have a diagnosis however as I take high doses of statins, I test my urine daily with dipsticks. For the last few weeks, my sg levels have been off the scale but the other readings have been normal. I'm not overweight and eat healthily however my mouth is very dry and I'm drinking a lot (about 4/5 litres of water daily). Can you advise please.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @RedCatherine - welcome to the forum, we can't diagnose here as none of us qualified- the best thing to do if you are worried is to see your GP and tell him of your concerns - let us know how you get on :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@RedCatherine - I'm assuming by "sg" you mean specific gravity?

If it is, like most things it depends on the degree of "high" and a number of other factors. Quiet often higher than usual specific gravity is just a sign of a mild dehydration, so have plenty to drink and test again in a while?

If this continues, or you feel concerned about it, please do see your doctor, as the above is speculation, based on common factors, not specifically to you.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
I'm looking for some advice please. I don't have a diagnosis however as I take high doses of statins, I test my urine daily with dipsticks. For the last few weeks, my sg levels have been off the scale but the other readings have been normal. I'm not overweight and eat healthily however my mouth is very dry and I'm drinking a lot (about 4/5 litres of water daily). Can you advise please.
Do you mean you are only resting your urine because you take statins I haven't heard of that before and I take statins