High sugars

Senga

Hi,
I was told not to worry if I have a high reading as some people can go to 30. As long as there are no keytones present I will be fine. I am in the process of gaining control.

Regards

Charlie Tudgay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In gaining control I don't think it's a problem as long as there are not ketones like you say.
It's these high sugars that cause side affects later on in life, so the sooner you can get it down the better for you in the long run. But for now just make sure you don't skip your insulin and you should be all good :)

Reactions: 2 people

Senga

In gaining control I don't think it's a problem as long as there are not ketones like you say.
It's these high sugars that cause side affects later on in life, so the sooner you can get it down the better for you in the long run. But for now just make sure you don't skip your insulin and you should be all good :)
Hi,thanks for your response, If it is before a meal is due I don't mind as I can leave it till I eat then adjust insulin accordingly, but it worries me if it happens before bed. I just don't understand how it can come down itself.

Charlie Tudgay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
During my first year of diagnosis I had to make sure I was above 10 before bed or it would come down too much. You basal will help it come down too. When you know that your basal is correct you can begin to work out if you need a correction or anything before bed. For me it changes every day you just have to test you blood and go from there. It's annoying at time but you can do it and it will all work out in the end

Reactions: 3 people

Senga

During my first year of diagnosis I had to make sure I was above 10 before bed or it would come down too much. You basal will help it come down too. When you know that your basal is correct you can begin to work out if you need a correction or anything before bed. For me it changes every day you just have to test you blood and go from there. It's annoying at time but you can do it and it will all work out in the end
Thanks Charlie