High Sugers

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi having high suger levels to day feel like rubbish I’m type2 insulin controlled I take levimir 30 morning and 18 night also take nova rapid 28-26-18 with correction if need which I have today my surger are 10.5 breakfast 22.2 lunch dinner 18.5 and bed 15.5 my surger normally around 10-12 not don’t now what to do

Last edited:

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Not sure about insulin dependant T2s but I do understand it for T1s. Do you have a correction factor from your clinic? (eg 2 units of insulin for 1 mmol/L reduction of blood sugar)?

Hopefully some T2s will post soon.

Reactions: Nooch1

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have 2 different correction regime 1 for day time an 1 for night and yes they are from clinic but still ain’t worked

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hmm, are any of the following possibilities
1) you're coming down with an illness? This will shoot up your insulin needs.
2) Overusing insulin injection sites? This can delay/reduce insulin absorption rates.

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not on a weaning dose for prednisone but they are never this high and I alway rotate my injection site on a weekly basis

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
What are you eating?

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Stress? At least the bed time figures look better than the lunch ones, so it's going in the right direction. Hopefully it's just one of those days that sometimes happens, and tomorrow will be better.