1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

High temperature after food

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by bellapodus, Jul 30, 2011.

1. bellapodus

bellapodus Type 2 · Active Member

Hi,
    Haven't been here for a while but having scoured the internet, I still cannot find a firm answer.
    When I eat food (cooked, not raw) such as a normal plateful, I become hotter and clammy, almost like a hot flush that lasts 20 minutes immediately after eating.
    If I eat something small like an apple or a roll then I am fine. It only literally happens when I have a main meal.
    Any ideas about what is going on?

2. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

Hi,
    You do not specify where on your body the sweating occurs.

Have you tried searching GUSTATORY SWEATING to see if that is the cause? This is a form of autonomic neuropathy.

3. bowell

bowell · Well-Known Member

If i have eaten something high in Sugar or Carbs around 20<>30 min later
    I Start to feel hot and sweaty starts on the head then down my back
    My Gp calls it a Sugar Burn :!: if i test BG will be around 15 or more :oops:

Happened the other night son came home with a old favorite of mine Sweet&Sour Pork Balls and rice
    well i helped him out ,,, 20min later water was pouring out of me tested BG 19
    wish i never touched it but it ,,Was very nice :roll: ,,I had been good for months

Note :You can also feel hot and sweaty with a Hypo so always best to test

The sweet and sour pork was a no brainer :mrgreen:

Bob

4. bellapodus

bellapodus Type 2 · Active Member

Hi Catherine,
    The heat and sweating is all over the body. I don't feel ill with it, just hot and clammy.

@Bowel hmm, a sugar burn eh. Now that would explain it. I have been going off the rails 100% these past 2 months. I even had a reading on 22.9. Needless to say, I have earmarked tomorrow as the back to the norm in my routine. I will be trying for my second child soon so need a good 3 months to get back on track.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook