High temperature after food

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
Haven't been here for a while but having scoured the internet, I still cannot find a firm answer.
When I eat food (cooked, not raw) such as a normal plateful, I become hotter and clammy, almost like a hot flush that lasts 20 minutes immediately after eating.
If I eat something small like an apple or a roll then I am fine. It only literally happens when I have a main meal.
Any ideas about what is going on?

C

catherinecherub

Hi,
You do not specify where on your body the sweating occurs.

Have you tried searching GUSTATORY SWEATING to see if that is the cause? This is a form of autonomic neuropathy.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
If i have eaten something high in Sugar or Carbs around 20<>30 min later
I Start to feel hot and sweaty starts on the head then down my back
My Gp calls it a Sugar Burn :!: if i test BG will be around 15 or more :oops:

Happened the other night son came home with a old favorite of mine Sweet&Sour Pork Balls and rice
well i helped him out ,,, 20min later water was pouring out of me tested BG 19
wish i never touched it but it ,,Was very nice :roll: ,,I had been good for months

Note :You can also feel hot and sweaty with a Hypo so always best to test

The sweet and sour pork was a no brainer :mrgreen:

Bob

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Catherine,
The heat and sweating is all over the body. I don't feel ill with it, just hot and clammy.

@Bowel hmm, a sugar burn eh. Now that would explain it. I have been going off the rails 100% these past 2 months. I even had a reading on 22.9. Needless to say, I have earmarked tomorrow as the back to the norm in my routine. I will be trying for my second child soon so need a good 3 months to get back on track.