High titers GADA

seblish2000

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum and relatively newly diagnosed. I was diagnosed as Gestational DM in 2016 and 2018 in both of my pregnancies, which went away both times. At that time I tested positive for GAD antibodies tested and they were very high (greater than 250 IU/ml don't know the actual number).

Forward to 2024 Jan, my glucose levels becoming Higher and officially diagnosed with LADA....any repeat the autoantibodies still high titers of GAD positive and I was reading about high titers for GAD is also associated with neurological disorders Which is freaking me out and panicking right now although I don't have any overt symptoms except of course my anxiety. Does anyone have similar situation and should I refer myself to neurologist??

thanks for your help.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum and relatively newly diagnosed. I was diagnosed as Gestational DM in 2016 and 2018 in both of my pregnancies, which went away both times. At that time I tested positive for GAD antibodies tested and they were very high (greater than 250 IU/ml don't know the actual number).

Forward to 2024 Jan, my glucose levels becoming Higher and officially diagnosed with LADA....any repeat the autoantibodies still high titers of GAD positive and I was reading about high titers for GAD is also associated with neurological disorders Which is freaking me out and panicking right now although I don't have any overt symptoms except of course my anxiety. Does anyone have similar situation and should I refer myself to neurologist??

thanks for your help.
Good Morning seblish2000

I would advise you to speak to someone from your Diabetes team about your concerns. I was diagnosed with LADA about 10 years ago. I have not experienced any neurological issues.

Hope you get some answers