1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Higher strength insulin - any experiences?

Discussion in 'Insulin' started by sweaty betty, Sep 21, 2020.

1. sweaty betty

sweaty betty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’m going to trying out toujeo u300 & humalog u200 as I’m struggling to get bg down.

Does anyone have experience of these insulins?

2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I use Tresiba U200 for my long acting. I thought there wasn't any difference except for the amount of insulin to the filler so you only need to inject half (or a third) as much volume to get the same amount of insulin.

Like for pets, who need low doses, the vet can simply dilute U100 insulin to make it U60 or less.
    U100 simply means it has 100 insulin units per ml, so U300 has 300 insulin units per ml.

It might be somewhat different for Toujeo, which as far as I know is not only U300 but also acts in a different way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook