Highs

beccadry

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive had diabetes type 1 for 3 years now and I cant come to terms with it I always say why me like it's not real like they have got it wrong. I'm always high don't do much blood reads and hardly inject I'm in and out of hospital an I Donoo what to do some one help ? Please

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Miss90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I felt the same when I was diagnosed... I was 12 years old and kept thinking why me?! I never checked my bloods and just guessed how much insulin to inject but you need to try and take care of yourself!

I know it's tough to come to terms with and you probably don't know anyone else but your not alone. I'm sure your family is supportive and they just want what's best for you :)
I promise, the sooner your sugars are in control, you will feel a million times better both mentally and physically! Drop me a message if you need someone to chat to :)

beccadry

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks helped a lot jut sick of feeling upset all the time and being angry and takin it out on my family and pushing them away all the time thanks xx

Paul McKenna

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I was a teen I hated it, and still do, but I learned to put it first, I was in and out of hospital up until 2 and a half years ago, the pump helped, but for 19 years I was like you, so know how you feel. Its not easy but you'll soon get used to it, I wish I had help like this, I wouldn't have problems with my eyes, and severe nerve damage if I did. Good luck

ciaramoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya, I'm 18 and got diagnosed when I was 4 as strange as it sounds considering by 16 I'd had it for a long time I went through something similar and it was awful but trust me it gets better :)

jessica16

Hey, I've been type 1 for only 5 months now and I'm in the total same situation! I feel down all the time, I always cry and my moods just change within seconds, one minute I'm really happy then the next I'm really angry :( I really feel like I'm pushing people away two, hopefully it will get better for us both :)

Reactions: 2 people

Paul McKenna

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had the same feelings, i was in trouble with the police and in school, it did get better, the drs told me it was because i was a teen, but i know now it is diabetes, which i have never even after 21 years come to terms with, but i don't let it get me down or beat me.

Cheers, Paul.