Hiii

Lowrimayax

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey I'm Lowri
I'm 15 an I was diagnosed with T1 last month, it's been really hard on me and my family to come to terms with everything and I feel so isolated now because I don't know anybody or have any friends with T1 I hopefully I can make some new friends on here tho

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hi lowri and a big welcome to the forum I'm glad you've joined this is the place to get all the help and advice you need it's a big deal when you're diagnosed at a young age I was only 16when I was diagnosed that was 44yrs ago and the good thing is treatments have come a long way since then so keep checking on forum and make sure you attend all your appointments and I'm sure all will be fine so good luck with everything and keep watching here. PS expect to get many friends now.

Reactions: Lowrimayax

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
welcome here Lowrimayax :)
this is a great place for information and support, so stay here, there are others in your age and type 1, you´ll just maybe have to wait a couple of days to see them in here...
but stay and do feel free to ask any questions or worry you need having an answer to

wish you all the best and that you soon will feel you get a grib over the condition and can relax a little again...

I´ll tag @daisy1 so you´ll get the information everyone new in here gets

type1 taylin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey I am 14 turning 15 and I felt like that too I still don't feel completely normal and I don't ever think I will be the same again but I have discovered that it has changed me to be s stronger and more aware person I would love to talk and get to know you better
Taylin

izzyj09

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Heyyy.. I'm a little older than you as I'm 21 but I was diagnosed when I was 12 and I completely get where your coming from... don't ever feel isolated there are loads of people on here to chat to, and maybe mention this feeling to your nurse and see if they do any meet ups because they used to when I was younger ! Also just because you have diabetes doesn't mean your as isolated as you think you are.. loads and loads of people have other things that make them slightly different... and in my experience honestly people aren't really that interested in the diabetes they are way more interested in who you are as a person :) chin up and feel free to message me