1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hmmphh

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by MissPooh, Apr 1, 2015.

1. MissPooh

MissPooh Type 2 · Well-Known Member

ive been keeping a really tight reign on my diet and things have been going quite well since my diagnosis on 13th March, until the last couple of days. My BG levels look to be on the rise and I'm not sure why.
    I was getting readings before mainly between 6.5 - 8.5 suddenly it's gone up to 11.2
    I feel rubbish and I'm not sure if it's because I'm not feeling 100% or if I'm not feeling 100% because my BG levels are up.....?
    Any advice?

2. gemma6549

gemma6549 · Guest

Hi, are you type 1 or 2?

3. CollieBoy

CollieBoy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

well her profile says T2 on Diet/Ex!

4. gemma6549

gemma6549 · Guest

Mobile version doesn't show me that information and my psychic powers are off today.

I will leave this for some type 2's to provide some help as my advice would not be relevant now knowing you are type 2

I'm sure someone will be along soon with some helpful information

5. Lenny3

Lenny3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It could be something as simple as 'that time of the month'?

6. Daffodils1

Daffodils1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi there, what are your higher readings ranging between?

If you are not well, that could push your numbers up a bit. Think stress can too so try not to worry.

If you are eating the same things now, has anything else changed a bit, eg daily walk or other activity helps lower bs.

Take care and try not to worry too much. If increase persist you cd see GP.

D

• Like Like x 2
  7. jack412

jack412 Type 2 · Expert

if it was me, being newly diagnosed, I would ring your Dr and seek advice.

8. MissPooh

Well....my fasting blood was 7.2mmol/L an hour and a half after brekkie it was 11.2 which I think is my highest reading since diagnosis.
    I've been out for a walk and retested it's now 6.2mmol/L.

I think it was that slice of Bergen at breakfast :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  9. MissPooh

Lunch......deffo no bread

• Like Like x 2
  10. jay hay-char

jay hay-char Type 2 · Well-Known Member

In my experience, being under the weather leads to heightened B/G levels and I've also been told that by a Doctor who happens to be T2 herself.

So, in my view, your BG is up because you're feeling rubbish, rather than vice versa.

Hope you're better soon :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. MissPooh

I've been extra careful today - and just got a 6.7, 2hrs after dinner.
    I was off work today, I don't work Wednesday's :) so I only have tomorrow to work, then off for two weeks Easter hols - can't happen soon enough.
    I'm seeing my GP next week to ask about a referral to a local sports centre.
    I had spoken to someone at the sports centre and they suggested I see my GP - as they think with high BP and Diabetes I should be entitled to some help, worth asking I think.
    I don't plan on anything strenuous, swimming, yoga, Aqua zumba perhaps, anything beats the couch.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tm6t7

Tm6t7 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I tried a slice of that bread and its a no go for me either, the flaxseed bread in Eat Fat is ok although an acquired taste..it's not bad dipped into yolk at breakfast time :D the chocolate cake in the same book is also really nice, use xylitol as the sweetener, it's nice cold the next day too (with a strong black coffee if you like that :D ).

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook