Hmmphh

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ive been keeping a really tight reign on my diet and things have been going quite well since my diagnosis on 13th March, until the last couple of days. My BG levels look to be on the rise and I'm not sure why.
I was getting readings before mainly between 6.5 - 8.5 suddenly it's gone up to 11.2
I feel rubbish and I'm not sure if it's because I'm not feeling 100% or if I'm not feeling 100% because my BG levels are up.....?
Any advice?

G

gemma6549

ive been keeping a really tight reign on my diet and things have been going quite well since my diagnosis on 13th March, until the last couple of days. My BG levels look to be on the rise and I'm not sure why.
I was getting readings before mainly between 6.5 - 8.5 suddenly it's gone up to 11.2
I feel rubbish and I'm not sure if it's because I'm not feeling 100% or if I'm not feeling 100% because my BG levels are up.....?
Any advice?

Hi, are you type 1 or 2?

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
well her profile says T2 on Diet/Ex!

G

gemma6549

Mobile version doesn't show me that information and my psychic powers are off today.

I will leave this for some type 2's to provide some help as my advice would not be relevant now knowing you are type 2

I'm sure someone will be along soon with some helpful information

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Any advice?
It could be something as simple as 'that time of the month'?

Daffodils1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there, what are your higher readings ranging between?

If you are not well, that could push your numbers up a bit. Think stress can too so try not to worry.

If you are eating the same things now, has anything else changed a bit, eg daily walk or other activity helps lower bs.

Take care and try not to worry too much. If increase persist you cd see GP.

D

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any advice?
if it was me, being newly diagnosed, I would ring your Dr and seek advice.

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well....my fasting blood was 7.2mmol/L an hour and a half after brekkie it was 11.2 which I think is my highest reading since diagnosis.
I've been out for a walk and retested it's now 6.2mmol/L.

I think it was that slice of Bergen at breakfast :eek:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In my experience, being under the weather leads to heightened B/G levels and I've also been told that by a Doctor who happens to be T2 herself.

So, in my view, your BG is up because you're feeling rubbish, rather than vice versa.

Hope you're better soon :)

Reactions: 4 people

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been extra careful today - and just got a 6.7, 2hrs after dinner.
I was off work today, I don't work Wednesday's :) so I only have tomorrow to work, then off for two weeks Easter hols - can't happen soon enough.
I'm seeing my GP next week to ask about a referral to a local sports centre.
I had spoken to someone at the sports centre and they suggested I see my GP - as they think with high BP and Diabetes I should be entitled to some help, worth asking I think.
I don't plan on anything strenuous, swimming, yoga, Aqua zumba perhaps, anything beats the couch.

Tm6t7

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried a slice of that bread and its a no go for me either, the flaxseed bread in Eat Fat is ok although an acquired taste..it's not bad dipped into yolk at breakfast time :D the chocolate cake in the same book is also really nice, use xylitol as the sweetener, it's nice cold the next day too (with a strong black coffee if you like that :D ).