hoilday travel insurance

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
My T1 husband has multiple complications, but we get travel insurance through our Lloyds TSB bank account. It's not restricted in any way.

kewgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am Type I & always use Boots Insurance.

If you have existing health problems you cannot make the application on line but they are always helpful when you phone - Tel: 0845 125 3830.

I have also heard from a colleague who has pre existing medical conditions and she has got travel insurance through Asda Insurance - Tel: 0845 300 7131.

You could also try Diabetes UK Insurance Services Tel: 0800 731 7431 or http://www.diabetes.org.uk/How_we_help/Financial_services/Travel_insurance/. They are currently offering a 5% discount so every little helps as they say.

best wishes

Tracey xx

Ancient Lady

A word of warning regarding the travel insurance done through Diabetes UK. To my knowledge you are directed to a company called P. J. Hayman. They are not covering swine flu in any shape or form in their Travel Plus policy so I think at the moment this particular policy is one to avoid if possible. I think in the present circumstances it is probably a wise thing to ask any insurer if they are covering swine flu as well as pre existing conditions.
A company called Preferential cover existing medical conditions and do cover swine flu. I have found Preferential to be excellent.
Another option is to check Which magazine website as they publish lists of insurers who cover pre existing conditions.
Good kuck

chrissieworne

Hi

I am of a "certain age" and got my insurance through SAGA, (need to be 50+)its not cheap but they covered all my pre-existing conditions, they ask loads of questions which is good because they don't just look at yr conditions at face value, they go into it in more depth, it is a worry tho!

They also cover swine flu

Chrissie

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Just a word of warning regarding travel insurance policies. Most insurers will tell you that they ACCEPT your pre-existing condition(s), e.g. diabetes. But unless they actually INSURE your pre-existing condition then the policy is not worth the paper it is printed on. If they simply accept your diabetes and you had to cancel or were taken ill on holiday with a diabetes-related problem then they would not pay out. Your policy needs to say that all pre-existing conditions are COVERED (i.e. insured), not just accepted.

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
My new travel policy just arrived in the post. I am T1 with plenty of complications so had to pay more but not an excessive amount. The company can be found at the following:

http://www.insureandgo.com/

I fully declared my medical status and this has been reflected in the policy wording, so I am definitely covered should anything untoward happen.

mrs bambi

I just used Flexicover Direct for a recent holiday to Portugal, you can do all the medical bit online with them and was reasonable cost. My sister also used them for a trip to Cyprus last year where she ended with DVT & a 5 week stay in hospital and medical transfer home and they were very helpful and sorted it all out well. Not that I want you to have any such holiday drama !

byatt

I have just been quoted over £600 for a 2 week trip to the USA from diabetic uk insurers!

I looked for another one, and if you have or had depression/anxiety you are excluded.

I am at a loss as to what to do now.

:?: re holiday insurance.
My husband is type 2 and has a few complications we have used Nationwide insurance for traveling abroad not too expensive,as he is 74 some do pile the cost on,they did cover that we needed but as we did not make a claim cant say how good they would be in a crisis.Try the banks and the supermarkets they all do holiday cover now and they seem to be more flexible than the traditional insurers.My friend traveled to the US she has MS and she used the PO holiday insurance no probs. There is plenty out there keep on looking. Good luck.
thegardenmugwump