Holiday Disaster With Freestyle

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Second post of the day but here goes.
Whilst recently on holiday in Crete I was caught out in a thunderstorm and got soaked to the skin. My Libre reader was as usual in my shirt breast pocket and it too got a good soaking. I soon found out the machine had completely stopped working, even after I had dried it out. I was a bit annoyed that had happened but thought that I would just have to use my APP on my smart phone. Nope! It kept telling me to activate a new sensor but as the one I was using had only been in use 3 days I was reluctant to give up on it. After searching the internet I came across another APP that was free, downloaded it and hey presto it worked. I won't post the name of the APP in case those kind people at Abbott Laboratories try to block it but I will say it is actually a better APP than the one Abbott recommend. If any one wants to know it's name pvt me a message and I will pass it on.
Abbott really need to sort their own APP out.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
If you scan with the reader then the Abbotts app on your phone needs to be scanned during the warm up hour else it will not work. I have not used any other app so cannot comment on them

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I did try and activate the sensor with my phone within the hour when I first applied it but kept getting the message already activated.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I did try and activate the sensor with my phone within the hour when I first applied it but kept getting the message already activated.

Never had that before! I believe Abbots are fully aware of the likes of X-drip and Glimp (my son used to work for Abbotts) and they are not at all worried about it as they are still selling more and more sensors! I would still phone Abbots when you get home and report the failure to them