Holiday

Jen6

Good morning can anyone tell me how their blood sugars have reacted whilst on holiday abroad.
We are at present in Greece which is very hot. I am not on any drugs now for type 2 but finding out here my sugars are in the 7s and 8s rather than the 5s and 6s at home.I am trying to eat all the right food but one does not know what hidden ingredients are in the dishes and Vegetables are far and few between.
Do any of you just eat anything and then go back to normal once home.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning can anyone tell me how their blood sugars have reacted whilst on holiday abroad.
We are at present in Greece which is very hot. I am not on any drugs now for type 2 but finding out here my sugars are in the 7s and 8s rather than the 5s and 6s at home.I am trying to eat all the right food but one does not know what hidden ingredients are in the dishes and Vegetables are far and few between.
Do any of you just eat anything and then go back to normal once home.

Hi Jen - I'm fortunate that the heat is my happy place, so my bloods generally behave quite well, but others find their numbers go up a little, as you have.

My strategy is to try my best with the eating and drinking stuff, but if I'm caught tout by an unseen or unknown ingredient, I don't beat myself up over it.

One think I am always very careful of though, is to ensure I have taken on board enough fluids, as dehydration is definitely something that can impact blood sugar test results.

In my world, holidays always do mean lots of walking, so that also helps me out, so do try to limit the amount of time on sun loungers if you can.

Have a great break.

Reactions: Antje77