Holidays Abroad With A Pump

xxgemmaxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all, I am travelling to Spain in a few weeks time and this is the first time I will be travelling with a pump. Are airports difficult when taking a pump through around the scanner machines? How do you normally deal with taking them through. Also, any advice on how to keep pump cool while sunbathing? Any recommended cool packs that attach to body to keep pump in? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
pump have travel to germany 4/6 YEARS back and got on fine .
first thing get a letter from your GP or diabetic nurse .
TO SAY YOU ARE AN INSULIN TYPE ONE DIABETIC . CARRY THAT WITH YOU IN HAND LUGGAGE ..OK
When you get to the customs check , tell them you have a insulin pump .they then swab it with machine .do remember that belts and shoes have to be taken off and put in box to go the machines .
.insulin keep in hand luggage in a frio. bag look on line for them . also just in case keep spare needle s handy in case you need to change in case of problem .it can happen
SO INSULIN NEEDLE SWABS ALL HANDY SO IF PROBLEM ON FLIGHT you can access ok
good luck vic hill
FRIO COOL BAGS on line pump when sunbathing keep in shade pump may be small bag ect .

anitas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Travelled to Australia from UK and stopping off in Dubai no probes at all with security on both journey to and from destination
Had my pump swabbed without any problem as they let me pass straight through must say however that prior to trip I contacted Emirates informing them of pump and they wanted copies of all my current medication even that not related to diabetes and a history of my diabetes plus copies of all to to with my condition Took all this with me and not once was I asked by security to see it Anyway hope you have a great holiday and you'll experience the same trouble free experience as me