Honey Diabetes and Heart

Klpville

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I dislike all sorts of motors, engines, mechanics, and just any "rusty iron" in general.
Well, whatever the language is, it's already sounding amusing in its English version

The Pitjantjatjara are an Aboriginal people of the Central Australian desert. They are closely related to the Yankunytjatjara and Ngaanyatjarra and their languages are, to a large extent, mutually intelligible. They refer to themselves as Anangu. Wikipedia

Reactions: Freema

Klpville

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I dislike all sorts of motors, engines, mechanics, and just any "rusty iron" in general.
This is how Pitjantjatjara sounds like. Here is the link

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
How long would you be able to last on 10-20g of carbs per day? Let's say you lose 2 pounds a week on this diet and then eventually, for example, after a year, you will lose all your weight, all your muscles, everything except for bones. :) Is that not right?

My wgt stabilized after 5 years or so into this. After 12 years I’m doing just fine. I haven’t wasted away.

I don’t push my diet or my lifestyle on other people because that’s not the kind of person I am. The person has to decide. In my process, I don’t see a need for honey.

Klpville

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My wgt stabilized after 5 years or so into this. After 12 years I’m doing just fine. I haven’t wasted away.

I don’t push my diet or my lifestyle on other people because that’s not the kind of person I am. The person has to decide. In my process, I don’t see a need for honey.

How had it "worked" before it stabilized? Has it been up and down / lose weight - gain weight for 5 years on low carbs?

Klpville

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I've been eating only salmon and raspberries for a week.. almost no carbs in it at all. I know how a bear feels now as this animal eats pretty much the same food. The only difference is that I cannot eat as much honey as bears can o_O I think I have a tail starting to grow and my body began to be covered in wool. I have always liked swimming, fishing, and climbing trees so that will be natural in my nearest bear-to-be future. Just kidding. ;) In fact, I feel so really great and full of beans on this type of a diet. I also drink a lot of hot tea with lemon and a minimum of 1.5 L of mineral water crammed with vitamins per day. I cannot seem to refuse bread though. I love eating it and baking it as well (even worked as a baker for a huge industrial bakery). However, that makes it to be just 3 slices of bread per day maximum with 15 carbs per slice, but I guess it's OK for a person who is just getting started on low carbs as it's better to go easy on lowering them, instead of cutting on them all and making them zero straight away, is that not right?

resander

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may not need any math at all or very little math for this kind of conversion
if you go to the USDA Food composition data base at:
https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list

You can then search for foods by key(s). In this case enter 'honey' (without the single quotes) as your search key and select 'Standard Reference' for 'Filter on Database' and click GO. You will get all foods that have 'honey' in the food description, The first match is just for honey. Click on it and you will see the nutrients in honey, for example that the carb content is 82.40g for 100g honey, 279.34g for a cup of honey, 17.30g for a tablespoon honey and 11.54g for 0.5oz packet of honey.

There are 3 teaspoons to a table spoon, so divide the tablespoon measure by 3 giving about 5.8g of carbs per teaspoon of honey.

US Kitchen measurements
1 tablespoon -- 3 teaspoons (15 milliliters)
1/4 cup ------- 4 tablespoons (59 milliliters)
1/2 cup ------- 8 tablespoons (118 milliliters)
1 cup ---------16 tablespoons (237 milliliters)
1 pint -------- 2 cups (473 milliliters)
1 quart ------- 2 pints (946 milliliters, approx 1 liter)
1 gallon ---- 4 quarts (3,785 milliliters)
------------------------------------------------
Other English-speaking countries
Measure ------ AUS CAN NZ UK
Teaspoon ------ 5 5 4.93
Dessertspoon --- 10 — —
Tablespoon ---- 20 15 15
Fluid ounce --- 28.41 30 29.57
Cup ---- 250 284.1 240

Reactions: Klpville

Klpville

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You may not need any math at all or very little math for this kind of conversion
if you go to the USDA Food composition data base at:
https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list

You can then search for foods by key(s). In this case enter 'honey' (without the single quotes) as your search key and select 'Standard Reference' for 'Filter on Database' and click GO. You will get all foods that have 'honey' in the food description, The first match is just for honey. Click on it and you will see the nutrients in honey, for example that the carb content is 82.40g for 100g honey, 279.34g for a cup of honey, 17.30g for a tablespoon honey and 11.54g for 0.5oz packet of honey.

There are 3 teaspoons to a table spoon, so divide the tablespoon measure by 3 giving about 5.8g of carbs per teaspoon of honey.

US Kitchen measurements
1 tablespoon -- 3 teaspoons (15 milliliters)
1/4 cup ------- 4 tablespoons (59 milliliters)
1/2 cup ------- 8 tablespoons (118 milliliters)
1 cup ---------16 tablespoons (237 milliliters)
1 pint -------- 2 cups (473 milliliters)
1 quart ------- 2 pints (946 milliliters, approx 1 liter)
1 gallon ---- 4 quarts (3,785 milliliters)
------------------------------------------------
Other English-speaking countries
Measure ------ AUS CAN NZ UK
Teaspoon ------ 5 5 4.93
Dessertspoon --- 10 — —
Tablespoon ---- 20 15 15
Fluid ounce --- 28.41 30 29.57
Cup ---- 250 284.1 240

Thank you for your input. That'll prove useful I think. However, you also do your math in your method as you divide your tablespoons looking for a teaspoon's volume / value. I think mine is a bit simpler. I just looked the teaspoon up online. It's 5 milliliters (ml) or 5 grams (g) per any regular European teaspoon (not sure if that is any different elsewhere, let's say in New Zealand or some Asian countries. By the way Asians use chopsticks, they do not use spoons and forks. That's where it would be real hard and tricky to measure it with chopsticks lol :woot:). Now knowing that that is "a constant magnitude" of 5 ml or 5 g per your teaspoon it's going to be real nice and easy to apply your method / link.

Klpville

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lovely, thank you. Have any of their recipes?

I am not aware of any, sorry. However, if you think logically what do aborigines and tribal people eat? I guess any animals they can hunt for and any fruits and vegetables that grow around them. I have no idea how they cook it in the bush, but stoves, cookers, microwave ovens, etc. are definitely not used. o_O

Klpville

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
absolutely beautiful to hear, Klpville! I bow to your abilities. Thanks!

Well, that's Tipetoo from this forum who speaks this language, not me and I do not know this guy from the video. I simply looked it up online just to take a listen how it sounds like and shared it with you guys.

I can fluently speak 3 languages and can read and understand another 3, but Pitjantjatjara is not amongst them.

Klpville

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Asians have spoons, some quite decorative

Yes, I guess they may have spoons, but they do not use them. They use chopsticks for eating, not spoons and forks.

D

Deleted member 308541

I am not aware of any, sorry. However, if you think logically what do aborigines and tribal people eat? I guess any animals they can hunt for and any fruits and vegetables that grow around them. I have no idea how they cook it in the bush, but stoves, cookers, microwave ovens, etc. are definitely not used. o_O
They light fires to cook with, collect bush tucker etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_tucker
Yes, I guess they may have spoons, but they do not use them. They use chopsticks for eating, not spoons and forks.
Aboriginals in the bush use their fingers to eat with, no where to do the washing up of utensils.

How Waltzing Matilda sounds when sung buy a aboriginal and not a white person.

Last edited by a moderator:

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
You ever watched Chinese people eat soup with chopsticks?
I think the idea is to eat the soup noodles and other bits with the chopsticks, and drink the soup from the bowl. That's what they usually do in Japan.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the idea is to eat the soup noodles and other bits with the chopsticks, and drink the soup from the bowl. That's what they usually do in Japan.
Well every time I have eaten with Chinese people (husband is of chinese descent) there are spoons for serving or eating.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
there are spoons for serving or eating.
I'll admit that it would take forever to eat the liquids with chopsticks :shifty: Modern times have no doubt caught up with the Chinese too, but I'm curious to know if the way of doing it the way I suggest is old fashioned. Would you please ask them next time you get a chance?

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
There's definitely a very traditional, very common Asian spoon that you can use for soup. I've used them in HK, Taiwan, Beijing, Shanghai, Japan. Briped isn't totally wrong to be fair, chopsticks and drinking from the bowl is also very common, but for bigger bowls, like a ramen set, you'll have a handy 'mini-ladle' shaped spoon as a matter of course.

I don't eat a lot of ramen these days.....sigh

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
you'll have a handy 'mini-ladle' shaped spoon as a matter of course.
Come to think of it, I even think I have one of them. Porcelain with a flat bottom. More designed to pour the liquid into your mouth, am I right?