Honeymoon period is over ?

amar1921

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am with no insuline for almost five months, and my sugars were great anyway (last HbA1C was 6,1) until last week. First my morning sugars (before breakfast) started to raise and from normally 6,5-7,0 get to 9,5-10,5. After that sugars before my other meals also raised, and they are now often 8+, which was not happening before. I talked with my endo, and he just said me to give insuline if necessary. I decided to start with just Lantus (2-4 units), but yesterday I had before lunch and dinner low readings (4,6 and 5,1) so I gave up. I am now fully confused and don't know what to do. This morning my sugar was again 11,1 and today before meals I didn't have sugars lower than 8,0 and I really don't want to this increase my HbA1C or to leave mark on my body.

Like I said, I have no idea what to do now and any advice is welcome (again sorry on my not perfect English)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I would speak with your Endo again, just be sure to record all your bg readings, food intake and any insulin taken and they will advise you.