Hooray. Hba1c dropped 3 points in 7 weeks.

pamital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I went for an interim check up following me starting the Newcastle diet (using slim and save) and I'm delighted that my hba1c has reduced from 10(86) to 7.2 (55) in just 7 weeks so not even the full 120 days for a usual hba1c reading. It has been agreed I can now come off glyclazide and I'll have another test at the end of August. If it's low enough, I'll be taken off metformin too. I'm delighted and have a game plan (low carb) for when I eat normally. I wish I'd done this sooner!

Reactions: 9 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @pamital!:) Great reduction, I'm sure you will get it lower by next test and be able to come off the metformin.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't it great when we can see some positive results for all our hard work. Well done, and I agree with Prem51, you keep doing what you've been doing and it's sure to be lower by the end of August :)

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
So I went for an interim check up following me starting the Newcastle diet (using slim and save) and I'm delighted that my hba1c has reduced from 10(86) to 7.2 (55) in just 7 weeks so not even the full 120 days for a usual hba1c reading. It has been agreed I can now come off glyclazide and I'll have another test at the end of August. If it's low enough, I'll be taken off metformin too. I'm delighted and have a game plan (low carb) for when I eat normally. I wish I'd done this sooner!

Terrific need which hopefully will continue to improve:). Well done!!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people