Hoping to get some help from you all

Senga

Hi Everyone,
Just joined your site in the hope of getting some more understanding of my diabetes. I am a 47 year old female have had diabetes for just over 5 years I am on insulin was ok on first insulin but then they changed it about a year ago and have never got to grips with this new insulin which I take before meals. Having a horrible time at moment hypos couple of times a day cant get my control back. Hoping to benefit from your knowledge.

Senga

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Did they tell you why they changed your insulin? I would ask to have it changed back unless there's a VERY good Reason not to.

Senga

The last insulin I was on was taken in morning and at night cannot remember the name of it at moment had a few hypos on it so was changed to this one to give me better control. The problem I have a the moment was caused by me forgetting to take Levemir at bed time this happened over a week ago so I thought it should have settled down by now.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I don't use insulin, so i don't speak from experience, but from what i read, Levemir is pretty gentl4e on the system.
Get into a routine of BG testing and you are unlikely to make the same mistake again. Set your mobile to remind you.

lionrampant

They put you on a basal-bolus regime. Basal is the Levemir, Bolus is the fast acting insulin you take before meals. How good are you at carb counting?

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Lionrampant almost took the words out of my mouth! Have you been told how to calculate how much bolus (the before-meal) insulin to inject?