Hospital, who's in, about to go in, who just got out.

desidiabulum

Thanks WJ -- it should be straightforward, but that's been said before.. :lol:
How did your hip replacement go? Did you get a purple zimmerframe?
Seriously, hope you're doing OK.
Best,
d.

WhitbyJet

desidiabulum said:
Thanks WJ -- it should be straightforward, but that's been said before.. :lol:
How did your hip replacement go? Did you get a purple zimmerframe?
Seriously, hope you're doing OK.
Best,
d.

Hehehe no zimmer frame but had purple crutches for a bit. I have recovered really well, no problems whatsoever.

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
Booked in 4th November for an OP on my left male private thingy, hydrocele I think they call it. Apart from someone I don't know playing with my bits the only good news it's being done privately. I'll have to walk with a limp on my left side for a week. [FACE WITH MEDICAL MASK][FACE WITH MEDICAL MASK]

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Pez68 said:
Booked in 4th November for an OP on my left male private thingy, hydrocele I think they call it. Apart from someone I don't know playing with my bits the only good news it's being done privately. I'll have to walk with a limp on my left side for a week. [FACE WITH MEDICAL MASK][FACE WITH MEDICAL MASK]

Good luck Pez, just make sure you don't jump too much with all the fireworks going off the following night :eek:

Good luck, I hope it all goes well.

With best wishes RRB

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have had my triple bypass and now recovering at home. All appears to have gone well although it appears I'm allergic to much of the medication they generally use these days in surgery (anaphylactic shock during op). My main concern regarding my T1 was certainly justified. Once I was off the sliding scale and meals arrived I had no access to my insulin and when sugar levels were low they totally withheld my basal insulin. When I eventually saw the Diabetic Review Officer and explained what had been going on she agreed the nursing staff don't know a great deal regarding T1. Both she and my surgeon agreed I was better off being sent home to sort my own levels out (as well as having access to edible food). Anyway, I'm feeling so much better and optimistic about the future.

punto53

Good to hear your home after your major op. Hospital food is awful and not nice looks good but no taste. You will recover much quicker in your own home environment as well (no infections) good luck