Hot feet!!!

magern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm T2 and fairly newly diagnosed. I've had my feet checked by the nurse and she said my pulses were good and passed the touch test easily. The last couple of nights my feet have felt really hot and sort of restless, from about 8pm onwards until i go to sleep. Will obviously go to doctor but just wondered if anyone had same issues. Might not be diabetic related but quite worried. I'm 34 thanks

Reactions: Freema

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @magern , as you say the doctor would be your best bet. I don't think my feet get hot in relation to my diabetes, but there could be any number of reasons. Try not to worry too much.

When I was massively hyperthyroid my feet were incredibly hot, but that was one of very many symptoms. And whenever my mum mentions that her feet are hot, my dad asks her if she's pregnant. She turned 71 yesterday.........

Apparently in her younger life her feet were only ever not freezing when she was expecting!

:)

Reactions: Freema
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I'm T2 and fairly newly diagnosed. I've had my feet checked by the nurse and she said my pulses were good and passed the touch test easily. The last couple of nights my feet have felt really hot and sort of restless, from about 8pm onwards until i go to sleep. Will obviously go to doctor but just wondered if anyone had same issues. Might not be diabetic related but quite worried. I'm 34 thanks
Before I was diagnosed T2, I would often feel like my feet were sitting in hot water. It stopped when my blood glucose came down and stabilised. It is early days for you, but you'll get there. If you are worried, see your doc.

Reactions: Kevin259 and Freema

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello. Yes, my feet feel warm most of the time and sometimes hot. I have no other health issue that could account for it. It also feels as if there are pebbles under my toes. My GP calls it "tingly toes". In cold weather the warmth is actually quite comforting. I can still feel the cold on my bare feet on a cold floor (not that I want to).
Others on the forum say they have tried various treatments, sometimes successfully. I tried alpha lipoic acid tablets for two months with no effect. It's just part of my life now, like being wrinkly. No worries.