Hot Flushes

JackieMB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I have been T1 for 20 year i am now menopausal and have been getting hot flushes for the past 3 years . I have taken loads of different herbal remedies but they don't seem to be helping now i don't want to go on HRT as it seems a risk . I normally have very good control but it has been very up and down lately . Any ideas

MargiK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi. I've been T1 for 30+yrs. I spent 2 yrs of sleepless nights with sweats day & night wondering if it was hormones or hypo each time. I was reluctant to go on HRT.
Then with worsening control over my glucose levels - usage went up 3 fold from 8 novorapid to 16 or 20 with meals - I came on here to find it wasn't just me becoming rubbish at control.
I relented and went on HRT 6 months ago. Wish I'd done it years ago. Sugar levels and insulin requirement back to normal now.

JackieMB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I have upped my nova rapid but my lantus I take morning and night is the same as when I tried upping that I would just go low in the night (another excuse for me to lay in a pool of sweat ) I think I will be having a good rethink on the HRT . Don't you just wish we had a on off button to give us a break

MargiK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes a button would have prevented embarrassing times.
I tried herbal remedies with no success.
HRT stopped the sweats in 2-3 weeks. Took a few months to get my insulin requirement back down and better control. Still have a few anomalies but think this is due to the pseudo cycles I have.
Good luck.

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I started Hrt. Ended up on double the amount then had a horrendous 3 weeks were I felt I was due on permanently. I felt like a 15 yr old. I told my other half all I needed was a ****** rom com, pizza and a tub of Ben and Jerrys. And an unreqaintted (?) love to cry over. (Idris you'll do).
I've come off it. I thought being psychotic and sweaty was horrible. But this psychotic, sweaty and wanting to cry! Over puppies and kittens I really can't deal with.
I'm trying intermittent fasting with keto. When I'm strict, I'm only hot flushing it at the gym. When I up the protein and dairy the flushes are back through the night.

I read that heavy lifting and HIIT is the menopausal friend. I've split my workouts to chest, back, arms, shoulders, legs. I try to do 2 HIIT sessions and 1 cardio a week. I do miss sessions because life and stuff.

It was my partners 50th last week so I relaxed in a lchf way. Ate more protein, sugar free jelly and cream. I've been a sweaty minger. My saving was a stomach bug! Fasting without meaning to. Don't recommend it. Flushes are starting to tail off again.

The blood sugars though, I'll run in the 7s and 8s for what seems like ages. Insulin corrections seem like water.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN. NOW WHO DO I PHONE COS IM TOO YOUNG FOR THIS S@@@!