Hot holidays

jimbocolvie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
I was wondering what anyone uses to keep their cannula stuck on when going on holiday to a hot destination.

Cheers for any advice

D

Deleted Account

I recently went to Miami and Barbados and my cannula stayed in place with nothing extra.
I don't know if this was because the stickiness was good enough or because I always use SkinTac (to provide a barrier against my sensitive skin).
It wasn't because I didn't "glow" whilst I was out.

Reactions: Books1

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been in Canada where it was so hot we had to seek out air conditioned places to cool down. Also several holidays in Italy, where the temperature ranged from high 30s to low 40s, and my sets stayed put without any help.

.gurley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,
I was wondering what anyone uses to keep their cannula stuck on when going on holiday to a hot destination.

Cheers for any advice
Hi I live in Cyprus and use them in silly temperatures, my advice is when applying use a little rubbing alcohol on the site so there is no oily skin. Also change in a cool environment air con etc. then keep a close eye on it, if it is failing the edges go slightly first. I have only had to change a couple in 2017 and it was the hottest here for 30 years!!!!!! hit 42c.