HOUSEBOUND/WHEELCHAIR

brunodog25

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
HOSPITALS AND CERTAIN STAFF DOCS NBOT BEEN STRAIGHT WITH ME PREFER TRUTH THEN GET IT OVER AND DONE WITH
I KNOW THAT I AM OVERWEIGHT MAINLY DUE TO THE DOCS INCREASING MY DAILY DOSE OF STEROIDS, ALSO DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT IS VERY HARD FOR ME TO EXERCISE WITHOUT EXTREME PAIN AFTERWARDS LIKE 2-3 DAYS DUE TO MY CRUMBLED SPIN :wave: E HOW CAN EXERCISE BE ACHIEVED I AS MUCH AS I CAN TO HELP THE WIFE AND MY DAILY SHOWER IS AS MUCH A WORKOUT AS MOST PEOPLE DO BUT YOU KEEP SEEING EXERCISE WHAT MORE CAN I DO WITH BREAKING MORE BONES AND NOT BEEN ABLE TO DO ANYTHING FOR MYSELF
SORRY TO SOUND BAD ABOUT IT BUT WHEN FIRST DIAGNOSED YOUI READ AND READ ALL YOU CAN AND ONE WORD ALWAYS STICKS EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THAT IS WITH ME.
BUT ON A SERIOUS NOTR PLEASE HAVE A SAFE ENJOYABLE FESTIVE SEASON :D

Fraddycat

Exercise can really help, and there are many exercises you can do from a chair that should help build up your mobility. I just looked on Amazon for 10 seconds and found this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leanne-Grose-Le ... 102&sr=8-1 I am sure you can find a lot more with some more research. You might find someone motivating you and some good music will help you get into the spirit.

If you are able to lose weight by changing/controlling your diet then that will probably help your mobility too. You are not alone, many people are in the same boat as you and one or two inspirational people have come from where you are in a wheelchair and virtually housbound and have changed their lives.

This lady (not on this forum anymore unfortunately) was a true inspiration viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28731