1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How can or do we make diabetes fun ?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by kitedoc, May 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have had TID for 51 years. Most questions aboit diabetes seem to revolve around dealing with the problems of dealing with diabetes, understanding it, about diets and more diets, technology and other challenges. What makes diabetes doable, makes us find some type of fun or joy in what we have to do and keep us moderately sane ( I'm as sane as the next person bit who knows what that means !!)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. rab5

rab5 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Reverse it and then beat it up your DN. That is going to make me happy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

In my mind, Diabetes is not fun.
    But it doesn’t stop me having fun.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. luv2spin

luv2spin Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Since over a century, you have shown it who is the boss.

My Sincere Congratulations.

If you were newly diagnosed, I would have said be best friends with it and treat it well and hopefully in return it will treat you back well as well too and as for the fun and joy part of it, you are already doing it so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It was a perfect excuse to buy some strawberries today, because, well, you know, they're so good for me.

• Like Like x 3
  6. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Fun and joy with diabetes ???????
    Good question.
    Fun..... I get a sense of fun and find it amusing/ funny when I can do something extremely physical alongside younger non diabetics and see them quit before me. This is usually gym , work or helping out family.
    Joy....... most recently this inevitably involves my grandkids. My almost 7 yrs old granddaughter still takes a flying jump at me and expects me to catch her ( it's getting harder :)). Only the other day I visited her, walked in the room , she leapt off the settee in to my arms for a " Bumps cuddle" ( my nickname). If I hadn't been T1 for the past 27 yrs there's no way I would have pushed myself so hard to stay fit and able. The joy of knowing that my little princess has so much trust in me catching her is a joy that can't be found anywhere else and it's all down to me being T1.
    Fun and joy? Most definitely. Diabetes? Most definitely.

• Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook