How did I do that?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Just an experience I d like to share, changed cannula, tubing and battery Monday eve, got up Tuesday bloods were 6.4 had 2 crackerbread and ham for brekky and an apple at 9.30 by 10.30 felt a bit rough furry tounged and hazy checked blood and was 12.4 which is high for me. Had 2 units and carried on, eventually bloods tipped 27+ kept checking by 1 ish I checked cannula etc couldn't find a problem by 2 I had slight keytones and felt awful. So I thought go back to injections it must be pump, on closer inspection the little fine tubing on cannula that goes in skin had come out god knows how I'm so careful, really feel stupid:-( I use tender link and have never had this before in 14 years of pumping. After a lot of adjustment got bloods down to 8.3 at 8pm last night and tested again at midnight and was 8.5 so was happy. Needles to say I had a stonking great hypo at 4.20am this morning. Now I think I'm back to normal. FLIPPING diabetes. Just thought I'd share this :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people