How do you get sponsored?

elainem

On reading the forum I noted the following:-

Type one since '77 - now sponsored by Roche! Spirit Pump, Aviva meters and Palm Treo PDA using Compass Software

I am interested to know how you get sponsored. I am not a diabetic my son is however we live in the Channel Islands and the Diabetic Centre here does not seem interested when asked about pumps and could not offer any information or show any interest in helping with gathering any info. Maybe a sponsorship could help so if anyone can point us in the right direction would love to hear from you.

Elaine

bonerp

Elainem,
It is my tongue in cheek signature because I use everything AccuChek now. Not really sure there is any benefit of using one manufacturers kit but it all works as one for me so get a good history of BGs and insulin usage through their software package.

To get a pump you are not sponsored by a pump manufacturer but funded by the PCT. I guess as SarahQ says there will be some financial and support perks offered to the PCT by Roche. I will use inverted brackets on my signature in future tho so its not confusing!

Paul

elainem

Thanks everyone......... silly me! No worries Paul leave your sign off as it is just me that did not "get it" sure everyone else does or you would have had more people asking the same question.

Best wishes
Elaine