How do you sleep with a pump? Please help....

emmarochester

donnellysdogs said:
Hi

I was given a waist belt and holder for my pump, but as I toss and turn so much during the night I actually somehow ended up with the cartridge in the pump somehow working loose during the night and woke up to a shock....went to bed at 6ml and woke at 22ml and full blown panic, then discovered that the connector keeping cartridge in had actually worked loose......have now got an armband, one purchased and one that I made from the excess waist band of the original belt supplied.

Since having the arm bands, absolutely no problem -and I sleep with now't besides the duvet, sheets and hubby!! (and dog!!). Connector hasn't come loose again at any time, still a puzzle what actually happened that night, but can only put it down to me moving so much, as I definitely do the connector up well.

I was absolutely worried stiff about sleeping with pump, and this was the best solution for me, as I also kick my legs up and down all night, constantly moving and sleep talking and crying out in pain. So if I can manage it, honestly..nothing to worry about.

Thanks for your reply, lots to deal with when you are a restless sleeper, my sympathies to you. I have my appt with the DSN today and already feel more confident thanks to the replies from the forum members. Many thanks once again.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
My OH calls my pump my 'tail' and if he spots me getting up in the night he says 'don't forget your tail!' as I have walked off without it once or twice :wink: You will get used to having it trailing around the bed behind you :lol:

keycare

What about a small piece of elasticated tube bandage around your thigh or upper arm, you can tuck the pump into that just before bed. It's also good for active sports as well.

That said, my daughter's set has never come out whilst her pump is free-roaming in bed.

Don't worry about it, you'll find a way.

Kkazibabes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Xander dislikes doing as he is told.
My 5 year old son Xander got his pump 3 days ago and he lies on it and everything, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. xxx